Social Media Policy
We want everyone to enjoy using our social media channels (our Community) at Milk – Student Planner System so we ask you to agree to abide by our terms and conditions. When you contribute to our social media channels it means you accept and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
‘Milk’ is a trading name of Milk Student Planners Ltd Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08777889 and whose registered office is at:
4B Church St, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4EP,
These terms and conditions are in addition to any third party terms and conditions that may apply to your use of the Community.
Our Community is moderated every day Monday to Friday. We will check all contributions to our social media channels to make sure they are compliant and meet our content standards described below as soon as we can. We make no promises as to how quickly any information will be posted on the Community.
Although the Community is moderated, we are under no obligation to moderate the Community and we may stop moderating the Community at any time without telling you before doing so.
We will remove, or disable access to, any contribution that we believe breaches our content standards.
We rely on people providing us with accurate, appropriate contributions but we do not warrant the accuracy of any information provided on the Community. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from use of the Community by any person contravening these terms and conditions, or from us failing to take action if they do, or for any loss or damage arising from any mistakes or omissions.
Using Milk Student Planner System social media
When you use our social media channels, you acknowledge that:
- Any views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Milk Student Planner System
- Information and advice given on the Community may not be true or correct. It is up to you to check it before you rely on it.
- Contributions and content standards
These standards apply to each part of a contribution. We will decide at our sole discretion if any contribution breaches these standards.
- Be accurate – where they state facts
- Be genuinely held – where they state opinions
- Comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which the contribution is posted
Contributions must not:
- Be defamatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful, abusive or inflammatory
- Invade privacy
- Discriminate for any reason, such as race, nationality, ability, age, sex or religion
- Harass, upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person
- Disclose any individual’s contact details or other personal data
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark, or other third party right of any other person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Refer to or disclose information relating to court proceedings or proceedings relating to any tribunal
- Contain an instruction, advice, or content that could cause harm or bring injury to individuals or to computers or systems
- Give the impression that the contribution has been posted by Milk Student Planner System if this is not the case
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation
- Encourage anyone to commit any unlawful or criminal act or condone any unlawful or criminal act
- Contain any advertising
By submitting a contribution on our social media channels, you agree to grant Milk Student Planner System rights to freely use, edit, reproduce, publish and distribute the material contained in your contribution in any format and media free of charge.
We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your contribution.
You must ensure that your contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your contribution to the Community, you are warranting that you have the right to grant Milk Student Planner System, the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence, please do not submit the contribution to the Community.
If we consider that a breach of our content standards has occurred, we may take any appropriate action, including:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to contribute to our Community
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution posted on our social media channels
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law
If you wish to complain about any contribution posted on our social media channels, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving the reason for your complaint and where the contribution you are complaining about can be found.
Changes to these terms and conditions
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time. They are legally binding and will apply to you from the date any change is made so you will need to check this page from time to time.
If you are required to submit personal data directly to Milk Student Planner System during the registration process, we will only use that data for administration and monitoring purposes and will not share your data with third parties unless legally required to do so.
© 2018 Milk Student Planners Limited
Last updated 22 April 2018