My | Interactive | Learning | Kit
Why we started…
The Guardian Teacher Network and Guardian Jobs survey of 4450 teachers, finds 98% say they are under increasing pressure and 82% describe their workload as “unmanageable”. Mike Dowling created Milk in late 2013, while teaching mathematics in a UK high school and enduring the typical gruelling workload and professional scrutiny of any teacher, which signified to him the need for proper technology-driven workflow systems.
Applying all his education know-how, Mike Dowling produced the concept of Milk and teamed up with a D&AD ‘Yellow Pencil Award’ award winning designer, Ade Rowbotham to be Milk’s Technical Director.
Milk has come along way since its humble beginnings, but we think there’s still a lot more we can do to help our customers. Here’s what we have achieved so far:
- Saving teachers 2 hours a week in administration
- Producing net financial savings of £8000pa for UK secondary school customers
- Ensuring consistent teaching standards
- Enabling student/parental engagement around home learning and educational performance
- Streamlining school communication to students and parents
- Supplying student-centric data to enable ownership of attendance, behaviour and subject progress
- 79% of parents have said that MILK has been a positive way forward and 74% have said it makes it easier to understand the homework (customer survey January 2017)
- Trial studies indicated Milk improved student punctuality by 87% and homework submission by 44%
Positive Way Forward
“79% of parents have said that MILK has been a positive way forward and 74% have said it makes it easier to understand the homework”
Newent Community School parent survey January 2017
Other studies have shown Milk can improve student lateness by 87% and homework submission by 44%.
There’s also net financial savings on offer in the region of £8500 a year on paper planners, texting services and photocopying if using Milk’s messaging features and file uploads.