My | Interactive | Learning | Kit
Why it all started…
The Guardian Teacher Network and Guardian Jobs survey of 4450 teachers, finds 98% say they are under increasing pressure and 82% describe their workload as “unmanageable”. Mike Dowling chad his vision to start Milk in late 2013, while teaching mathematics in a UK high school and enduring the typical gruelling workload and professional scrutiny of any teacher, signifying the need to him for technology-driven workflow systems.
Milk has come along way since its humble beginnings, here’s what we have achieved so far:
- Saving teachers 2 hours a week in administration
- Net budget savings of £7500pa for UK secondary schools
- Consistent homework setting
- Student and parent engagement with home learning and educational performance
- Streamlining school communication
- Greater access to student-centric data on attendance, behaviour and subject progress
- 79% of parents have said that MILK has been a positive way forward and 74% have said it makes it easier to understand the homework (customer survey January 2017)
- Trial studies indicated Milk improved student punctuality by 87% and homework submission by 44%
Our mission is to improve education by reinforcing the trinity of teacher, student and parent with better access to student-centric data, more equal accountability and less burdensome administration for teachers.
Positive Way Forward
“79% of parents have said that MILK has been a positive way forward and 74% have said it makes it easier to understand the homework”
Newent Community School parent survey January 2017
Other studies have shown Milk can improve student lateness by 87% and homework submission by 44%.
There’s also net financial savings on offer in the region of £7500 a year on paper planners, texting services and photocopying if using Milk’s messaging features and file uploads.