The signing up process in seven easy steps!
- The first stage of the purchasing process usually begins with a school contacting our head office on 0333 4567 456 or requesting a demonstration of Milk Student Planner System. Best practice for demonstrations, which canbe either via site visit or webinar, is to arrange for them to coincide with a weekly SLT meeting. The demonstration usually lasts around 25 minutes. After the consultation, we will provide your school with demonstration account login codes for you to share with your team to ‘test-drive’ the Milk platform.
- After the demonstration, we usually make a point of “leaving you alone” for a week to give you and your team a chance to play with Milk and evaluate its usefulness for your school. However, we invite you to contact us with any questions in the interim and we usually provide your school with an official quote. Deferred payment plans and ‘roll-over’ agreements are also available. Our terms of service and pricing can be easily found on our website.
- Upon receiving your decision to proceed with Milk Student Planner System (congratulations!), including the length of term and contact details of your IT manager, you will be sent a customer agreement to sign, typically sent via Docusign for your convenience. All you need to do is enter your ‘name’, ‘position’ and click ‘sign’.
- After signing, Milk Support Team will contact your IT manager with a brief questionnaire to enable the creation of your school’s profile within Milk, including such things as your school’s badge, cover photo and other preferences.
- Once we have this information, your IT manager will be emailed an installation pack, part of which is the connector software that allows Milk to import relevant data from SIMS (or Bromcom).
- After successful installation and import of requisite data from SIMS, Milk will generate all login details for staff, students and parents. These become available within the ‘new user’s section of the administrator settings page, to download as a spreadsheet and will include the UPN of every student. A mail merge to distribute parent logins and/or student logins can be set-up using this spreadsheet (letter template to parents).
- Our team can assist your school with on-boarding and training at no extra cost. You will also find useful tips and tricks, ‘Parent Guide to Milk’ and ‘Teacher Guide to Milk’ under the ‘Resources’ heading in the footer area of our website.