General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
New legislation for protecting personal data is coming into play in May 2018 (for more info see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/). Known as GDPR, the new laws require both data owners and processors (such as Milk Student Planners Ltd) to update their processes and technology to meet the specified requirements.
We continue to work closely with industry experts to ensure our GDPR compliance:
- Internal processes have been updated with the full support of our executive team
- We have audited both our cloud data management procedures to ensure we meet all regulations
- We are ensuring that we facilitate control of personal data for all individuals whose data we hold
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure that we meet all requirements in advance of May 2018 and beyond
- All staff are trained on any new processes that are implemented as part of this process
Ensuring the safety and security of our users is of the utmost importance to us, and data protection and privacy is an integral part of this. We want all individuals who use our service to continue to get the highest level of benefit whilst having the peace of mind that we hold their data protection in the highest priority.
If you have any questions or comments surrounding this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our data privacy experts will get back to you as quickly as possible.